Brokers and Employers – Before You Begin
- Brokers/Agents must be Members of the SB/A CoOp to offer its sponsored products.
- Brokers/Agents must be appointed with FMA to offer FMA Freedom Select sponsored products.
- Employers must join the SB/A CoOp to access/enroll sponsored health care plans.
Employers and Brokers – Where to Join the CoOp
- Contracted Broker – utilize your FMA personal enrollment site to assist Employers to join the SB/A CoOp. (A custom enrollment site will then be created by FMA.)
- Brokers not yet appointed – contact FMA at [email protected]in.com
How to Get a Quote
- Utilize this website to obtain a quick, automated “Get A Quote.”
- Brokers, please note: “Quote pdf” will go to the email address populated in the Employer information block. If sharing this site with a prospect, ensure your Agent name, email, and phone number are added for tracking at this time.
- Quote pdf will be emailed to the populated agent email address.
- FMA may be contacted as necessary to assist the broker or employer, at 844-200-0902 or [email protected]
Employers – Steps to Begin Any Enrollment Process
- Employers begin any enrollment process by joining the SB/A CoOp. Do this on the Broker/Agent personal enrollment site. The website enrollment process is for Employers without a Broker/Agent relationship. If needed, scroll down on the Home page to “Employers Begin Enrollment Here.”
- Employers must be an Employer Member of the SB/A CoOp to access the health care plans. $2.00/month = $24.00/year to joint the SB/A CoOp
- Joining the SB/A CoOp triggers the Plan Administrator to build a custom enrollment site for Employers/Employees and their dependents.
- Employers set an enrollment period from 2-3 weeks generally.
- Employers determine with the Broker whether to use Benefit Counselors, Zoom Presentations, or print materials and websites.
When is the Effective Date and When Must Enrollment be Completed?
- All start dates are on the 1st of the month, Employer Group enrollments must be completed by the 20th of the previous month.
- FMA, (plan administrator) sends a “no pay” invoice with a group monthly ACH breakdown. The employer accepts or adjusts the “list.” The monthly ACH occurs on the 27th of the month prior to the effective date.
- Plan Administrator sends out an automated “email welcome” to enrollees with access instructions, and procedures to print out a temporary medical ID card. (Benefit and eligibility files are available toward the end of the month, around the 28th). Enrollee files are assembled, and plastic ID cards, plus a complete hard copy welcome package will arrive by USPS mail in about 10-14 days.